TREBUCHET RULES FOR PUMPKIN CHUNKIN’
1] Maximum counterweight 500 lb
If the weights cannot be removed to be weighed or otherwise verified, the judges’ estimation will prevail.
2) The device must be gravity powered only. NO pneumatics, hydraulics or other energy sources.
3) Pumpkins will be selected by the judges for uniformity as close to 2 pounds as possible.
4) Entrants will be allotted 20 minutes to set up and fire 3 pumpkins
5) The judges may prevent a trebuchet from competing due to safety concerns
6) A backstop will be provided; trebuchets must be fired using a rope, lever etc that allows the operator to be safely away from any moving parts.
7) Pre-registration is required.
THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
the winner takes home $500.00!
FOR MORE INFO CALL
JOHN FOSTER 519-503-7843
JOHN KLAASSEN 519-638-2106