The Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society
Scholarship Program 2021
The Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society is pleased to offer two single-opportunity $1000 scholarships for Mapleton Township residents entering or currently enrolled in a post-secondary Agriculture-related program in the fall of 2021.This includes those participating in university, college, or apprenticeship programs specifically in one of the following Agriculture related fields: Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environmental Studies, and related trades. By investing in education, we are also investing in future careers, and ensuring a healthy future for agriculture.
To qualify for a $1000 scholarship, the following criteria will apply:
1. The applicant must be a permanent resident of Mapleton Township.
2. The applicant must be pursuing post-secondary studies in an agriculture related program, and
will be required to provide proof of acceptance or enrollment in such program. If acceptance
has not yet been received, evidence of acceptance will be required from winners once it is
3. The applicant must have a proven record of involvement in the school and the community,
demonstrating an interest in the field of agriculture.
4. Preference will be given to those applicants that demonstrate consistent academic
achievement, but selection is not based on academic record alone.
5. Short listed applicants may be invited to attend a virtual or in-person interview.
1. Incomplete and/or inaccurate applications will not be considered so please read carefully.
2. Transcripts must be official (original, stamped photocopies or accompanied by a letter of
validation from the school). Computer printouts will not be accepted.
3. By completing and submitting this application, all scholarship recipients agree to give the
Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society permission to post/publish the recipient’s photo and/or
name in the newspaper, as well as on the society’s website and Facebook page.
Please TYPE or PRINT CLEARLY information for all required sections of this application form.
Your submission must contain the following:
1. Completed application form
2. Two or three references, contact information only (excluding family members)
3. One reference letter from a familiar authority figure (e.g. Teacher, Employer, Supervisor)
4. Acceptance Letter from educational institution for Fall 2021 (Note: If acceptance has not yet
been received, you must forward your acceptance letter prior to receipt of scholarship)
5. Official transcript of marks (If final marks are not yet submitted for the current school year,
include your most recent mid-term marks)